We all are brave because we wake up every morning to fight against the demon living inside us whose only aim is to bring us down. And once the demon has succeeded we lose hope, we start to hate everything and everyone and above all we start to hate ourselves. And it will be no longer easy for us to wake up because we are afraid that we might lose control of ourselves and break down.
Chaos will never leave you, they will keep you wild and your brokenness will only reflect.
We are all warriors. Aren’t we? And moreover nothing is impossible.
So here are a Few ways in which you can fight the demon and choosing Self-Love.
1. Wake up to a mirror in front of you and smile at yourself.
2. Say “I love you” whenever you see yourself in the mirror.
3. Let your emotions flow. Remember that it is okay to have emotional break down at times.
4. Find someone with whom you can share your feelings. Believe me there is always someone.
5. Speak to yourself and tell that everything is going to be alright.
Remember point number 2 is very important.
Here is an excerpt from “The secret” by Rhonda Byrne:
“You are God in a physical body. You are spirit in the flesh. You are eternal life expressing itself as you. You are a cosmic being. You are all power. You are all wisdom. You are all intelligence. You are perfection. You are magnificence. You are the creator, and you are creating the creation of you on this planet.”
Here are a few quotes about self-love:
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” – Buddha
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. ” – M. Scott Peck
- “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers
- “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
- “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” – Helen Keller
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance” – Oscar Wilde
- “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.” – André Gide
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand
- “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
- “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Yogi Bhajan
Now I will tell my story. The way I felt, how I overcame it.
It was dark, the room, when I opened my eyes. I could see the ceiling fan spinning slowly. I tried to get up, but I couldn’t. Somehow I made it to the washroom. The bright light entered my eyes and I squeezed my eyes shut. I looked at the mirror and saw someone miserable. Her eyes were swelled up, her mind out of control. My face ruined by tears, lips dry and lifeless, which once carried a beautiful smile. I couldn’t bear that sight and I looked away. I turned around to see whether my body still had those bruises that were caused by those eight inch blades that were used to stab me. I could see those invisible blades that passed through my body and made its way out through my heart. I felt it every day. I was afraid to wake up. I couldn’t even sleep.
Day by day the demon was slowly killing me. I never gave up. I battled all alone until my angel came. She gave me a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold on and she fixed the broken me. She poured love, taught me to fall in love with myself, made me smile and now here I am smiling at the demon as it tries to put me down.
Believe me! The angel will come and never leave your side. Hard times will pass. But rise from the ashes, fight. Be a Warrior not a Survivor.
Instagram Handle: @_myhrtsays_